Founded in 1989 as a private, non-profit foundation to foster excellence in the Tift County Public Schools, the Foundation now has over 1750 individual and corporate patrons. The Foundation supports its mission through the following:
- Academic Chairs Endowment Program
- Howard Center Academic Team Grants
- Annual Teacher Incentive Grants
- Accelerated Reader Program, which resulted in Tifton becoming the Reading Capital of the World
- Excellence in Teaching Awards and Banquet
SPECIAL NOTE: Visit the news and photos page to see some of the 2016 “happenings”!
Contributions to any of the Chairs are welcome at any time through a memorial gift, a celebration gift honoring a friend or family member on a special occasion, or a contribution to support a specific academic discipline. Suggestions for another Chair and its honoree are welcome. Visit the “participate” page for the submission form.
Visit the projects page for more information about each of the above mentioned programs.Links to the